Call for Applications for Freelance Assistant/Content Editor
American Journal of Botany
The Botanical Society of America seeks a freelance assistant/content editor for its monthly peer-reviewed research journal, the American Journal of Botany (AJB).
- Reviewing tentatively accepted papers for specific editorial concerns;
- Checking final revisions from authors;
- Reviewing and editing Issue Highlights (summaries of papers selected by the Editor-in-Chief and written by authors);
- Communicating with the editors, editorial team, and authors;
- Participating in editorial board meetings and other publication-related discussions;
- Filling in for the managing editors of AJB and Applications in Plant Sciences (APPS; the BSA’s methods journal) when the ME’s are out of the office.
Candidates must have previous editing experience, a background in biology and/or botany, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tentative deadline is January 15, 2022 or until position is filled.