The Botanical Society of America wants to help you amplify your
SciComm efforts and to reach a broader audience!
This year at Botany 2021 - Virtual! (July 18-23) we are highlighting SciCommers during our SciComm Celebration Day!
Every hour, for one full day, a different SciCommer will be highlighted on all three BSA social media platforms, and a SciComm Celebration will take place so all conference registrants can meet and connect with the SciCommers. We will also continue to highlight the SciComm participants post-conference.
- Deadline to apply is June 15th, 2021
- Chosen applicants will deliver a "packet" of information that will be used that day and uploaded by BSA staff, however, applicants are encouraged to be available for direct contact during the time of their posts
- All SciCommers who are featured will need to register for the conference and are strongly encouraged to attend the SciComm Celebration
- Finalists will receive a free 1-year BSA membership which will provide a 50% discount for registration fees.
- Anyone who is not chosen for the SciComm Celebration will be kept on a list of resources to share throughout the year on BSA social media platforms.
- We welcome SciCommers of any platform, content, and career stage, and it does not matter whether you have 10 followers or 10k. Please fill out the form by June 15th!
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Follow us on our BSA official social media accounts to stay tuned and stay connected!
Facebook: Botanical Society of America
We are planning to only feature SciCommers that were NOT part of our 2020 SciComm Celebration. If you were part of our celebration last year, please feel free to recommend other botanical SciComm to be featured. Please feel free to send your recommendations to the BSA Student Representatives: Shelly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Imeña (email@example.com).
Sample Facebook, Instagram and Twitter Posts: