The Samuel L. Postlethwait Award is now accepting nominations. This award is for excellence in teaching in one’s institution and/or for recognition of service and contributions to the BSA Teaching Section.
The Postlethwait Award is to a Teaching Section member under the following criteria:
- Facilitation of student learning and appreciation of botany.
- Demonstrates innovation in the teaching of botany.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for student success in the acquisition of botanical knowledge.
- Dedication to plant science education.
Please use this nomination form: Postlethwait Award Nomination Form
- Call for Nominations: February 21st
- Nomination Deadline: March 31st
- Nomination Reviews and Decision: April 30th The nominations will be reviewed and the awardee determined by the current executive council of the BSA Teaching Section, as well as the previous year’s awardee.
- Announcement and Award: During the BOTANY 2022 meetings. Awardee receives a plaque and announcement at broader awards ceremony, as well as in section meetings.
Appendix: Past Recipients of the Postlewait Award
2013 - Jim Wandersee
2014 - Marsh Sundberg
2015 - Donna Hazlewood
2016 - Baker Stokes
2017- Phil Gibson
2018 - Madhav Nepal
2019 - Bruce Cahoon
2020 – Covid Pause
2021- Pause, Review, and Renewal
2022- accepting nominations